I am a Technical Lead (Research) & Machine Learning Researcher at Borealis AI. My work focuses on time series analysis in financial applications. In addition to time-series analysis, I’m also interested in deep generative models, especially automatic structured representation learning by combining deep learning, probabilistic graphical models and information theory.
Before joining Borealis AI, I completed my Ph.D. study under Dr. Greg Mori’s supervision from Simon Fraser University (Canada); my Master of Engineering study under Dr. Kai-Kuang Ma’s supervision from Nanyang Technological University (Singapore); and my Bachelor of Engineering from Zhejiang University (China).
- One paper accepted to Machine Learning Journal!
- One paper accepted to International Conference on Artificial Intelligence and Statistics (AISTATS) ‘21!
- I am promoted to machine learning researcher!
- I review for CVPR, ICCV, NeurIPS, WACV, ICML, TVC, IJCV, ICLR, etc.
- One paper accepted to European conference on Computer Vision (ECCV) ‘20. See you (virtually) in UK!
- Three papers accepted to 2nd Symposium on Advances in Approximate Bayesian Inference (AABI), one as spotlight!
- One paper accepted to Learning with Temporal Point Processes workshop at NeurIPS ‘19.
- Serving as local chair for 2nd Symposium on Advances in Approximate Bayesian Inference (AABI). Welcome to attend!
- Joining Borealis AI as a research engineer starting October.
- One paper accepted to MDALC workshop as spotlight at ICCV ‘19.
- Two papers accepted to ICCV ‘19.
- One paper accepted to CVPR ‘19! See you in Long Beach!
- Presenting my ICLR paper at Vector Research Symposium, see you in Toronto!
- One paper accepted to ICLR ‘19! See you in New Orleans!
- Presenting two papers at NeurIPS workshops, see you in Montreal!
- One paper accepted to Bayesian Deep Learning Workshop (NeurIPS ‘18)!
- Our ECCV paper VideoVAE is featured in the ECCV Daily News!
- I gave a poster presentation on VideoVAE at Vector Institute DLRL Summer School in University of Toronto.
- March - November 2017, accepted a research internship position in Disney Research Pittsburgh.