I am a Ph.D. candidate in the Vision and Machine Learning Lab at Simon Fraser University (SFU) and a Research Engineer at Borealis AI. I am supervised by Professor Greg Mori. I also work closely with Professor Leonid Sigal (UBC), Professor Stephan Mandt (UCI), Dr. Andreas Lehrmann(Borealis AI), Dr. Cheng Zhang (Microsoft Research) and Joe Marino (CalTech).
My focus is on statistical machine learning and deep generative models, especially automatic structured representation learning by combining deep learning, probabilistic graphical models and information theory. I’m also interested in applying such model to practical scenarios including computer vision and financial applications.
- We have summer internship vacancies focusing on structured representation learning and graph convolutional networks. If you are interested, please email me with your CV.
- Three papers accepted to 2nd Symposium on Advances in Approximate Bayesian Inference (AABI), one as spotlight!
- One paper accepted to Learning with Temporal Point Processes workshop at NeurIPS ‘19.
- Serving as local chair for 2nd Symposium on Advances in Approximate Bayesian Inference (AABI). Welcome to attend!
- Joining Borealis AI as a research engineer starting October.
- One paper accepted to MDALC workshop as spotlight at ICCV ‘19.
- Two papers accepted to ICCV ‘19.
- One paper accepted to CVPR ‘19! See you in Long Beach!
- Presenting my ICLR paper at Vector Research Symposium, see you in Toronto!
- One paper accepted to ICLR ‘19! See you in New Orleans!
- Presenting two papers at NeurIPS workshops, see you in Montreal!
- One paper accepted to Bayesian Deep Learning Workshop (NeurIPS ‘18)!
- Our ECCV paper VideoVAE is featured in the ECCV Daily News!
- I gave a poster presentation on VideoVAE at Vector Institute DLRL Summer School in University of Toronto.
- I review for CVPR, ICCV, NeurIPS, WACV, ICML, TVC, IJCV.
- March - November 2017, accepted a research internship position in Disney Research Pittsburgh.